Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bay Bears, a Bishop and a Girl

This entry will cover Friday and Saturday.

Friday May 29 was a bit slow in the office. I took a portrait of a college student my age for a story. J.D. Mercer and Glen were both out of the office so I had to figure out the lighting studio myself. J.D. had given me a "crash course" in the studio the day before when we shot the Splenda picture from my previous blog entry. Anyway, this girl was exceptionally pretty so it was very easy to make a good picture.


Later that day I went to the Bay Bears game. J.D. was there and gave me some simple and effective pointers on shooting baseball. He called it his "philosophy on shooting baseball."





The next day:
Saturday May 30, I covered a ceremony at an Episcopal Church. They were dedicating a newly constructed building, called The Life Center. It is a gym type place with facilities to minister to the youth of the community. The Presiding Bishop of the whole church made an appearance at the ceremony. I could've made a better shot if I would've stopped and thought harder. I feel like I did a lot of "shooting from the hip" style shooting here and I missed out on some very thoughtful images that came to me after the fact.



Later that night, more Bay Bears.


1 comment:

  1. I love the shots of the baseman horizontal and the catcher airborn. If I was either of the players I would really enjoy seeing my awesomeness. The photo of the bishop in procession makes me think the light of heaven is flooding the sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete