Friday, May 22, 2009

Thursday May 21

I shot some pictures of a coast guard plane doing low level operations on the bay this afternoon. We should be running this in the business section Friday.


Here is the generic traffic picture I shot yesterday. I didn't have it ready to go at the time I wrote my blog. I had to get a picture that illustrated a traffic problem on Canal Road so I got gimmicky and threw my 1DM2 on a tripod with an image-stabilized 70-200 and a 1.4x teleconverter and did some slow shutter speed zooms and pans.


I then recropped one of the images from the previous days shoot at Universal Marine Supply. I really like the shot of the man inside the buoy welding but I thought that I left the picture too loose and the man was lost. John David Mercer helped me with the cropping. Here is the updated version, to run with the other photos from the buoy shoot.


Then I shot some pictures at two art museums in Mobile. One was for a story about a local man who found sketches from a famous local artist (his father, now dead) in a drawer in his house. He donated them to the museum. The second museum shoot was for a local artist (Casey Downing) who was having a gallery showing. It was a very fancy event. I will put the pics from the two shoots up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment