Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday - end of the first week

The image of the airplane flying low over Mobile Bay ran on the front page of the paper today.


Here are the art photos from last night.
Event 1, donations to a local museum from the son of a deceased local artist:





Event 2, 30-year retrospective gallery from Casey Downing Jr.






While eating lunch in a nearby park I found this feature, a little girl feeding birds.


Its been a good day. Staff Photographer Bill Starling called me a "feature machine," then went on to say that I would have a lot of weight to carry this weekend. There aren't many assignments this weekend and several people are off so I will have to find some features to fill the paper. It should be rainy, hopefully the weather will provide me with some material to make some pictures of people.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome photo of the family at the park! I really like that you caught the bird in mid-air and the joy of this child.

    ReplyDelete