Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday - Memorial Day

Today was Memorial Day. I shot some features on the beach this morning. There were lots of people out. I ran into one of the other interns on the beach, a writer named Alex who is a Mobile native. He may turn out to be a good friend for me down here.
Here are a couple beach photos:





Then it started raining. I had to go to west Mobile in the downpouring rain to photograph a local musician at a marina restaurant. While finding my way to the restaurant a rough gravel road chewed up my front bumper. I was mad. But I went on to photograph the musician and the woman he was performing with:





Then on the way back to the newsroom I took a photo of this big muddy puddle in the road. I was hoping someone would go crashing through the puddle spraying water everywhere but all that happened was me standing like a fool in the rain for 15 minutes waiting for this anti-climatic photo.

1 comment: