Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First week at the Register - Monday and Tuesday

After settling in, I got the chance to go out with a couple photographers from the MPR, Mike Kittrell and Glen Andrews. Mike was shooting a piece for the Real Estate section but he gave me an abbreviated tour of Mobile on the way. While driving through the campus of Spring Hill College, we found this feature. This picture ran on the front page of the Metro section the next day. My first photo in the Register:

I shot some minor league baseball that night with Glen Andrews. I went there to hang out and see how the MPR staff covered the Baybears games. I snapped a few images while chatting with GMA. I'm looking forward to covering these games and improving my sportshooting.



The next morning (Tuesday) I spent a few hours hunting for features on the beach. I'm not sure what we'll run in the paper for Wednesday. I'm not exactly satisfied with any of them, I think I had some "close calls" as far as making good pictures but I had a good time being out in my community interacting with people.







1 comment: