Monday, June 29, 2009

Miss Kentucky, The Subie Crowd in Pensacola and a Benefit Concert

Kentucky's Junior Miss won Junior Miss 2009. It was an opportunity to make a portfolio image and I don't think I did. I need to stop shooting and start thinking. On the upside, I was able to cover the entire event while processing images and within 20 minutes of the event ending I had transmitted images and cutlines back to the Press-Register. Nobody had to wait on me and I was very proud of that.















My AJM friend, Tennessee's Junior Miss. She might have ADD worse than I do, which is saying something.



After Junior Miss finals me and my cousin (also named James - my family is not very original when it comes to naming babies) went to Pensacola to meet up with my Subaru friends. I wont bore you with too many photos of cars but I will post Monika's right hand drive Japanese STI. It was actually imported from Japan, the steering wheel is on the "wrong side." Its the real deal. I would give a lot to own one like it. Mine is the blue one parked next to hers.





Then below is a quick rolling shot of a friend's STI on the way out of town. It was super dark, this isn't up to my usual quality of rolling shots but it was still fun.



Then I went to bed.

Sunday I had to cover a benefit concert at an American Legion post in Fairhope AL. I really like the town of Fairhope, so far it is my favorite place in the state. Its a historic bayside town close to Mobile. Nothing much came out of this, it was more difficult to cover than I thought it would be. Maybe I was having an off day.





3 comments:

  1. James, more great work. For some reason, I am a fan of the second picture from the top. Again, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff, I'd love to get out one of these days and shoot something a little different for a change

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your shot of the winner with the confetti falling. She looks shocked. Good catch.

    ReplyDelete