Saturday, June 27, 2009

Junior Misses Second Preliminary

Another late post, I know. I just finished watching a movie with my cousin and I don't want to get behind in the blog.

I put to use what JD Mercer told me yesterday and made some pictures at the 2nd Prelim tonight. Then came back to the newsroom and tried to file images quickly and efficiently. Glen told me yesterday something to the tune that you can be a great shooter but it doesn't mean much if you can't file images quickly for a tight deadline.

I made sure to shoot WAY less images and do some editing on the camera. My 1D Mk2 allows me to tag images and make voice recordings of the subjects in the photo so I used that to quickly select "keepers" and record caption info directly onto the image.

Tomorrow night is the final ceremony where the winner will be announced. I think it will be a fantastic opportunity to make pictures.









As always, click on an image to make it bigger and remember that the images are the property of the Mobile Press-Register.

2 comments:

  1. those are some good dancing shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo of both the ballerina and the girl in the blue are phenominal. I especially like the way the one of the girl in the blue fills the frame.

    ReplyDelete