Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Elephants, A Blaze, me on Coke and Monday bonus pics

My post from Monday detailed my weekend activities but not what I did on that day so I am adding those images at the end of this blog entry.
First, today I went on a safari hunt for urban elephants and shot six of them.



The circus came to town this morning and they unloaded the elephants from a boat in Mobile Bay and walked them a few blocks over to the Civic Center. The elephants and other animals are staying in the parking lot outside the Civic Center for two weeks during a layover period between shows. They might appear again in some features.

Then I went to cover the aftermath of a fire that occurred at a Fashion Store yesterday.









Then John David Mercer shot some portraits of some softball players. We are doing portraits of some high school softball and baseball players. Four portraits were shot today, the rest will be shot tomorrow and next week. I was given the option of doing all the baseball portraits which is exciting but I am leaving for a week next week to go on the Hot Rod Power Tour so JD will do them all. I hope another opportunity to practice my studio techniques will present itself later in the summer. I need to grow in that area. I was a guinea pig so JD could get his exposure in the ballpark and he took this photo of me.


Photo credit to John David Mercer.

As I said, I forgot to post what I did on Monday. I went to a threatre camp in the morning and made this picture. Would've been better if the kids had better reactions.



Then me and Mike Kittrell went to the scene of the culmination of a bank robbery/police chase/car crash. It was in a "top notch" part of town if you catch my drift. Mike shot long with a 300 and a 1.4x converter and managed to get an image that showed part of the suspect when they loaded him into the ambulance. I worked short with a 70-200 and took this one of some of the locals evacuating from their house near the crash.



As always, all images are the property of the Mobile Press-Register newspaper.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have seen the elephants. What a great story. I am so sorry for the store with the fire. Good job showing the woman effected by the loss and the fire fighters working. Though you didn't shoot yourself, it was good to see you. You look happy!

    ReplyDelete