Monday, June 22, 2009

Junior Misses + Oysters. Lots of Oysters.

Junior Misses ate oysters today and lived to tell the tale.









Back in the newsroom I got a MAJOR critique from John David and Bill Starling, going over a lot of my images from the internship so far. It was really helpful even though at the end of it I felt like a sixth grade girl with her first point and shoot camera.

Every once in a while I need somebody to point out my mistakes and this helped me a lot. If I can put to use what he told me there will be a visible improvement in my photos, especially those involving flash.

Bill pointed out a phrase; "available light means using ALL the light that is available to you." I only have one flash available to me now due to one of them going for a swim in the Gulf (see yesterday's blog post) but that will be worked out.

Anyway, stay tuned for more. There is more, thats not all I did today. I'm just tired. I'm off tomorrow (Tuesday) and Wednesday as well. Then back to covering the Misses!

2 comments:

  1. I feel as if I always seemed to do something great after getting even the slightest amount of criticism. (Yes, I did get criticism.) But seriously, you're doing great work, James. I'm feeling like a proud papa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you comments Lou, I'm very glad your following! You are the blog king!

    ReplyDelete